2019 Updated Edition
Superintendents and board members told us they needed a practical guide that explains their roles, responsibilities, and authority. So, after hundreds of hours of legal work and critical input from an Advisory Committee of board members, superintendents, and Education Service Center personnel, we published our Trustee Manual. It is an exceptional product, not simply because it is our product, but because there is nothing else like it.
- The Manual is organized into six sections: Being A Trustee, Board Meetings, Personnel Issues, Student Issues, Business Issues, and Liability
- Each section has its own supplement of sample forms, motion language, resolutions, and notes
- Legal citations do not appear in the text, but in the 'Becoming An Expert' pages at the end of each section
- Sold in sets of eight to emphasize the team relationship between the board and superintendent
- Trustees receive one hour of tier-three Board Member training credit for reading the Manual
Note: Members may receive additional hours by receiving a board training. For more information please view our training pages or contact us.